Backup Generators in Seattle
and the surrounding area
Power outages do occur, and power can go out for any number of reasons beyond anyone’s control. There have been reasons as these:
- Snow storms, ice storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, that can cause extensive damage to electrical poles or lines;
- Wildlife breaching a nearby transformer;
- An aging power grid or transformer stretched to capacity; or even,
- Human error by utility crew nicking an underground cable
which so often occur and can cause prolonged outages that can severely impact the comfort, security, and convenience of residential properties; and can cause costly disruptions for all business operations. Besides, it is often quite easy to forget how dependent on power for all sorts of residential and commercial purposes. Power has today become indispensable and is used for everyday essentials—like heating, cooling, security, refrigeration, and lighting, cooking and boiling. And for commercial interests, the cost of doing business and loss of revenue becomes high with any power interruptions which so often happen for any of the reasons already given.
The solution to the unforeseen occurrence of power outages is to have a reliable backup power generation emergency system in place that can provide emergency backup and prime power for residential and commercial facilities.
How a Backup Generator System Works
How an emergency standby backup generator system works can be quite technical and require trained expertise for proper installation and maintenance. In any standby backup system, there are three basic elements:
- The generator itself—the system that produces electricity for essential or selected systems like cooling, heating, refrigeration, security, and lighting—as such, the backup needs, simple or more extensive, will determine the size and output of the unit;
- The transfer switch—the mechanism that immediately senses when power is interrupted and transfers power generation responsibility to the generator; and senses when power is restored and transfers the load back to the utility source and signals the generator to cool off and shut down; and
- The service breaker that provides protection to the transfer switch, the circuits, and internal breakers, and generator due to electrical strikes and power surges.
Also, bearing in mind that different sized homes and families demand different power needs in the event of an outage—whether a smaller 8 Kilowatt generator that powers essential systems or a more powerful backup generator that can handle the full power loads of a larger home or business—makes for all the more reason to have only the best and qualified personnel to work with, in terms of systems installation and maintenance. Working with only the best in the business to handle all backup systems installation and maintenance will provide the peace of mind that comes with knowing that if the power goes out, the lights will still be on and the proper backup generator system will continue to keep all the essentials powered.
Why Choose Larry’s Electric
Larry’s Electric has built that kind of reputation in installing backup generators for commercial and residential facilities using natural gas, propane, and diesel; and has been servicing the cities of Seattle, Bellevue, Auburn, Kirkland, Covington, Kent, Federal Way, Redmond, Renton, SeaTac, Tukwila, West Seattle Washington, and the surrounding areas, for over 20 years.
Generally, Larry’s Electric power generation installation systems are delivered complete with many features such as more sophisticated control systems, fully weather-protective enclosures, significantly quieter operations, and more capacity to power more conveniences. Installations can be done with automatic mechanisms that come on automatically when there is a power outage and shuts down automatically once the main power is restored.
Call (206) 227-3237 to learn how you can be helped with the installation and/or maintenance of your standby generator for backup emergency power!
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
FREE CHARGING SYSTEM QUOTE
Do you need help with commercial electrical repair, maintenance or installation? Fill out this form to get in touch.